1. DATA CONTROLLER
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the Data Controllers are Digital Space Publishing Limited, a company incorporated in registered in England under company number 07572125 and having its registered office at 62 The Grove, Ilkley, LS29 9PA and Royal Mail Group Limited, a company registered in England under company number 04138203 and having its registered office at 100 Victoria Embankment, London, EC4Y 0HQ
2. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide when you use the Digital Space application (“App”). We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the App;
- if you contact Us by telephone or in writing (including e-mail), We may keep a copy of that correspondence or communication;
- information that you provide if you enter a competition on our website or social media sites;
- information that you provide if you subscribe to the iLOVE magazine via the iLOVE magazine website or social media sites;
- information about any third party sites accessed via the App; and
- details of your use of the App and the resources that you access.
3. IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your mobile phone, computer or other device from which you access the App including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for systems administration and to report aggregate information to Our advertisers. This is statistical data about Our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and We do not use it to identify any individual. We may use such information to track your usage of Our services in order for Us to refine and improve Our services to you.
We may collect information about your use of our website (Please see the section Cookies)
4. RETENTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We take appropriate measures to ensure that any information collected from you is kept secure and kept only for so long as is necessary for the purpose for which such information was collected.
If any of your personal details change, or if you have any questions about how We use data collected which relates to you, please contact Us using the details below.
We normally update your personal data within seven (7) working days of any new or updated personal data being provided to Us, to ensure that the personal data We hold about you is as accurate and up to date as possible.
5. USES MADE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from the App is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device;
- to provide you with information, products and/or services that you request from Us or which We feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to carry out Our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Us;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of the App, when you choose to do so; and
- to notify you about changes to Our services.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and We or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
We may contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about services similar to those provided by the App.
Where We permit selected third parties to use your data, We (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to Our advertisers, but We may provide them with aggregate information about Our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have scanned their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data We have collected from you to enable Us to comply with Our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Your data will be held in a data warehouse by Optima Value Group Limited within the EU.
6. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our respective groups. This means the subsidiaries of Royal Mail Group Limited and Digital Space Publishing Limited, the ultimate holding companies of Royal Mail Group Limited and Digital Space Publishing Limited, and any subsidiaries of those holding companies (“subsidiary” and “holding company” are defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006).
We (which for the remainder of this paragraph means either Royal Mail Group Limited or Digital Space Publishing Limited, as appropriate) may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or
- if We or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about our customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- if We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or
- to protect the rights, property or safety of Digital Space Publishing Limited and Royal Mail Group Limited, our customers and users or others.
7. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to ask Us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if We intend to use your data for such purposes or if We intend to disclose your data to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting Us using the contact details below.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet Our costs in providing you with details of the information We hold about you.
The App enables interactive content containing links to websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you scan interactive content using the App, this will result in following a link to any of these websites; please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
Digital Space Privacy Controller, Digital Space, 62 The Grove, Ilkley, LS29 9PA or email@example.com
Information Rights Team, Royal Mail Sheffield, Pond Street, Sheffield, S98 6HR